TEKNO’s Will Davison has remained consistently in the Top 10 throughout Qualifying sessions and both Races at the Winton SuperSprint for Round 5 of the Supercars Championship this weekend.
- Will qualified P6 for Race 10.
- Will finished P5 in Race 9.
Race 9 – P5
Davison began the first Race in Winton on the fourth Row after Qualifying P8.
After a strategic Pit Stop, Davison was sitting P4 with 3 laps remaining, but encountered a fuel issue which meant he had to nurse the #19 Car to the end and finished in P5.
Davison was happy with another Top 5 Result and was looking forward to the final Race on Sunday.
Race 10 – P9
After Qualifying in P6, Davison had a great start to the 200KM Race and was rapidly heading towards the front of the field.
Davison was in contention for a Top 4 finish at Winton, but lost time during the first Pit Stop set him back in the field.
Davison was pleased with the speed of the car and is looking forward to heading to the Darwin TripleCrown in June.
“It was a really good weekend, we’ve carried some consistency and good form across from Perth with four Top Ten’s across Qualifying and our Race Results. We’ve regrouped and finished with a straight car which is what we needed. We’ve got a direction now with the car and we’re all working really well with Campbell so looking forward to heading to Darwin.”
TEKNO will now prepare for Round 6 of the Supercars Championship at the Darwin TripleCrown on June 16-19, with all Races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- 1 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske: 1060 points
- 2 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 1056 points
- 3 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR Team Penske: 1032 points
- 4 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 1023 points
- 5 – Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing: 861 points
- 16 – Will Davison: Tekno Autosports – 546 points